Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DIY Layered Haircut

How embarrassing start for the blog with a month long gap, but it is time to get back to it.

As I will include in this blog things that are relevant to my life at this point as a mother of two young boys, as an individual trying to live by environmental values, as a fulltime unemployed student with a fitting financial situation and as a woman with at least some dignity (I'm saying this while hiding the days old baby spit on my jacket), this posting shall be touching the ideas of the two latter topics; looking good while saving money (on a limited time schedule, too)!

I give the credit of this idea to my good mom-friend, whose hair I've been admiring for months. She got a haircut with layers, which is absolutely one of the easiest haircuts, when you don't have a lot of time to dedicate for hairdos. In my opinion, layers increase the airiness of the hair making it appear more voluptuous and alive, and if anything, it looks like you actually care about your hair and looks! 

Going back to my friend with gorgeous hair, little did I know she does it herself!! Not only had I envied her for the beautiful locks, but also for the freedom of pampering herself with a regular visit to a salon, how wrong was I! I am forever grateful to her for letting me into this secret as now I get my hair done by myself as often as once a month and my layers look amazing. And it is time for me to pay it forward..

Here is step-by-step instructions:

1. Comb your hair and flip you hair to the front, so it covers your face.
2. Collect it to a loose bunch (to ease the cutting) and start cutting the inches you want to take off. REMEMBER that while cutting few inches looks a lot shorter than your hair looks after losing those inches.
3. Flip you hair back and if there are any weird patches longer than the layer around it, clean those off.
4. VoilĂ  and you're welcome!



P.S. (My husband is very critical of any beauty DIY, but even he is now swearing by this.)


1 comment:

  1. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. beard trim

    ReplyDelete